Below are steps to reset a NYSED Application Business Portal account password.
- Go to http://portal.nysed.gov/.
- Click on Reset Password in the red banner next to Log On (https://eservices.nysed.gov/ppr/resetPasswordLoad.htm).
- Enter in your username (all lower case) and email for your account. Check the box next to "I'm not a robot".
- Click on the images that match what the CAPTCHA security check has requested and click on the Verify button.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Check your email for a message from SEDDAS and click on the link Reset Password.
- Enter a new permanent password and enter in the new permanent password again to confirm on the web page opened from the link in the email. Make sure that the new permanent password meets the criteria listed to the right in red font. As the requirements are fulfilled the requirements text will turn green.
- Password Requirements
- At least 8 characters
- At least 1 lower case letter
- At least 1 upper case letter
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 special character
- At most 3 repeating characters
- New and Confirm must match
- Cannot reuse current password